Moab Cluster Builder™ for SUSE Linux
Moab Cluster Builder is an integrated out-of-the-box cluster deployment and management solution based on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and Moab Cluster Suite®. This enterprise-class, fully supported HPC solution deploys and configures a complete cluster environment quickly and easily, and provides the ease-of-use administrator and user interfaces to make it ideal for Windows or Linux users.
Moab Cluster Builder leverages SUSE Linux Enterprise Server's pattern deployment capability to apply the needed software to the cluster’s central management node (a.k.a. head node) as well as the compute nodes. Upon restart, a Moab® cluster building wizard queries the user about the number of racks, compute nodes per rack and which network card to use for internal communication; this is all the added user input needed for a default cluster deployment.
At this point, Moab Cluster Builder automates the software configuration and all that remains is for the installer to power on the compute nodes in a logical order. Upon power up of all nodes and conclusion of the automated setup, Moab Cluster Builder runs diagnostics and further validates proper installation by submitting serial and parallel jobs and creating a resulting report intended to act as the basis of an acceptance test for the cluster.
The resulting cluster is able to receive submitted batch workload immediately, whether serial or parallel, interactive or scheduled. This vastly simplified solution is intended to enable High Performance Computing clusters to be deployed and used by mainstream IT. Solution providers will now be able to assign even novice engineers to cluster software deployment, save time and be more competitive as they reduce costs to their customers.
Moab Cluster Builder Provides a Full Cluster Solution
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- Moab Cluster Suite®, with end user job submission portal, helpdesk interface and management reports
- TORQUE* Resource Manager
- MPICH (Parallel Message Passing)
- Nagios Hardware Monitor
- Reduces the work required to get started with HPC, and improves the day-to-day usability so that even novice Windows and Linux users and administrators are able to apply the added productivity
- Combines Moab’s ease-of-use and advanced feature set with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 to provide a commercially supported and maintained HPC solution