[torqueusers] configuring node to use subset of available physical GPUs

Lev Givon lev at columbia.edu
Mon Mar 31 12:47:19 MDT 2014

If I configure a compute node (in its server_priv/nodes file) to use X number of
GPUs where X < N and N = total number of physical GPUs in the system, are the first X
physical GPUs in the system always the ones that are allocated to jobs that
require GPUs? In other words, does the above configuration guarantee that torque
will never allocate the remaining N-X remaining GPUs to jobs?

I'm using torque 4.5.0pre1 on Ubuntu 13.10 with the built-in scheduler.
--
Lev Givon
Bionet Group