[torqueusers] 2 Jobs per node limit in Maui?

van Eikema Hommes, Nicolaas nico.hommes at fau.de
Thu Mar 27 11:20:38 MDT 2014

Hello!

At our site, we're currently using Torque 4.2.5 with Maui 3.3.1, the latter with the default configuration. This setup works fine, but we've noticed that Maui appears to limit the number of jobs per node to 2: when a user submits 8 jobs that request ppn=1 to a particular np=8 node, only 2 jobs are started by the scheduler. The remaining 6 jobs must be started via qrun.

I could not find anything that might be related to this behaviour in the documentation (links in maui.cfg are broken btw); the showconfig command doesn't list any parameter with a value of 2, so that didn't help either.

Any help/suggestions how to make Maui start more jobs per node are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

    Nico van Eikema Hommes
--
Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes   Computer-Chemie-Centrum
E-Mail:   nico.hommes at fau.de   Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg