[torqueusers] Interactive job

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Mar 26 12:50:24 MDT 2014

By default Moab deletes interactive jobs that it judges can't run
immediately, so if you submit an interactive job to a busy cluster Moab may
delete it. Could this be what is happening?

Interactive resources are the same as non-interactive resources by default,
but there are things you can do to restrict interactive jobs to certain
queues and or certain nodes.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Tus <tus at riseup.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> When I try to run an interactive job it just hangs and then deletes.
>
> $ qsub -N INTERACTIVE -l walltime=1:00 -W interactive=true
> qsub: waiting for job 451604 to start
> qsub: job 451604 apparently deleted
> You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/xxxx
>
> It looks like the node it tries to allocate has some problems. I'm working
> on fixing the issue on this node but wanted to find out why all
> interactive jobs go to this node?
>
> We use torque 2.4.6 with moab and only have one queue with 50+ nodes. How
> are interactive resources determined for qsub?
>
> Thanks

David Beer | Senior Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing