[torqueusers] MAUI only sees a certain amount of jobs.

Macbeth R. macbeth.rene at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 16:21:18 MDT 2014

Hi, I have a MAUI 3.3 and PBS/TORQUE 3.0.6 cluster configuration..

we are using Array Jobs, and to manage the priority of the queue we are
using QoS.
Everything works perfect with a certain amount of JobArrays... but when the
list grows bigger Maui doesnt see the latest jobs..
If I send a job with the highest QoS priority, it will just not run, until
more jobs are completed so the queue becomes smaller, and indeed when that
happens the job is run first than the others maui is now seeing...

So seems there is some maximum total jobs parameter I dont see.. also showq
never list ALL jobs, it says NOTE:  output truncated

Any ideas about this?

[root at gallina001 ~]# cat /usr/local/maui-3.3/maui.cfg
# maui.cfg 3.3
SERVERHOST gallina001
ADMIN1 root
ADMIN3 ALL
RMTYPE[0]               PBS
RMHOST[0]         gallina001
RMSERVER[0]          gallina001
SERVERPORT         40559
SERVERMODE         NORMAL

LOGFILE                 /var/log/maui.log
LOGFILEMAXSIZE          1000000000
LOGLEVEL                7

QOSCFG[q1] PRIORITY=100
QOSCFG[q1a] PRIORITY=500
QOSCFG[q1b] PRIORITY=800
QOSCFG[q2] PRIORITY=10000
QOSCFG[q3] PRIORITY=100000
QOSCFG[q4] PRIORITY=1000000
QOSCFG[q5] PRIORITY=10000000
QOSCFG[q6] PRIORITY=100000000
# allow all users to user all 'priority' QOS's
USERCFG[DEFAULT] QLIST=q1,q1a,q1b,q2,q3,q4,q5,q6

# allow QOS priorities to adjust job priority
QOSWEIGHT  1
CREDWEIGHT 1
USERCFG[compo] MAXPROC=320
USERCFG[root] MAXPROC=2848

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended only for the
above-mentioned recipient(s). Its content is confidential. If you have