[torqueusers] Newbie questions

Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Fri Mar 21 05:57:55 MDT 2014

Hi,

I just started to play around a bit with torque.
The installation worked without any problems (torque-4.2.7).

For the configuration I still have some questions:
*) we have a shared file system. So every node sees the same
file system layout for groups, home and /usr/local.
How do I have to configure it in mom_priv/config ?

/User/homes/USER ist the path to the users $HOME.
Also stored in LDAP (homeDirectory)

$usecp *:/User/homes /User/homes    ?

*) How can I add the domain for sending e-mail ?

*) I asked before, if I can install torque (for testing) while LSF is
still active (and used inthe moment). It worked so far,
but 2h after I started the master node, this node crashed (reboot)
without any usefull log information. Might it interact in some strange
way ? i've tested it again (no time), so I want to ask before I crash
regular
some nodes of our cluster ... ;)

--
Thanks and bye,