[torqueusers] "Permission denied, please try again."

Tiago Silva (Cefas) tiago.silva at cefas.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 23:05:44 MDT 2014

torque  4.1.7
maui 3.3.1
mpich2 1.5 with hydra

Hi all,

I am trying to integrate a working mpi job script to submit using torque.
I have built a machinefile to match the nodes I request (n23,n24,n25 and n26 in this case). This is the beginning of my submission script:

#!/bin/sh
#PBS -N run_conf11_jul_aug
##PBS -W x="NACCESSPOLICY:SINGLEJOB"
#PBS -l nodes=n23:ppn=8+n24:ppn=8+n25:ppn=8+n26:ppn=8
#PBS -k oe
#PBS -q multiple

(...)
mpiexec -envlist _CONFIGURATION_ -f machinefile -l -np 32 ../bin/getm_prod_IFORT13.0060x0085

After mpiexec being called I get this error:

Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied, please try again.
Received disconnect from 10.1.0.25: 2: Too many authentication failures for be_user
Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied, please try again.
Received disconnect from 10.1.0.24: 2: Too many authentication failures for be_user
Received disconnect from 10.1.0.26: 2: Too many authentication failures for be_user

I can ssh to any of the nodes with no problem and the same scripts works when not using qsub.

Any ideas please?

tiago

[be_user at deepgreen Conf11]$ cat machinefile
n23
n23
n23
n23
n23
n23
n23
n23
n24
n24
n24
n24
n24
n24
n24
n24
n25
n25
n25
n25
n25
n25
n25
n25
n26
n26
n26
n26
n26
n26
n26
n26
[be_user at deepgreen Conf11]$ cat machinefile | wc -l
32
This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own
and do not necessarily reflect those of Cefas.
Communications on Cefas’ computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.