[torqueusers] torque server mail_domain being ignored

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Mar 13 08:39:26 MDT 2014

Hi Edward

1) Which mail server is running on the pbs_server? (sendmail,
postscript, ...)

C2) an you send email with "mail" from the pbs_server machine?
If not, it is likely to be a sendmail/postscript problem,
configuration or other.

3) Did you add, say,

#PBS -m abe
#PBS -M user_name at cs.cmu.edu

to the job script?

4) Are there any symptoms/hints/messages about the Torque
email failure in your $TORQUE/server_logs/YYYYMMDD files?

5) Are there any symptoms/hints/messages about the general
email failure in your /var/log/maillog files?

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa