[torqueusers] mail_domain being ignored

Edward Walter ewalter at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Mar 12 15:28:02 MDT 2014

Hello,

We have a torque installation (torque 2.4.11) with multiple submit
hosts.  On this particular installation; we've explicitly specified the
mail_domain variable in the server settings.  Despite this; torque is
attempting to send mail to <user>@<submit host>.

Is there some other parameter we need to adjust for this to work
properly?  The mail_domain variable seems to do the right thing on other
clusters with this torque version and only a single submit host.

Here are our server attributes (from qmgr -c "p s"):

 > #
 > # Set server attributes.
 > #
 > set server scheduling = True
 > set server acl_host_enable = False
 > set server acl_hosts = rocks.is.cs.cmu.edu
 > set server managers = maui at rocks.is.cs.cmu.edu
 > set server managers += root at rocks.is.cs.cmu.edu
 > set server default_queue = normal
 > set server log_events = 511
 > set server mail_from = adm
 > set server query_other_jobs = True
 > set server scheduler_iteration = 600
 > set server node_check_rate = 150
 > set server tcp_timeout = 12
 > set server job_nanny = True
 > set server mom_job_sync = True
 > set server mail_domain = cs.cmu.edu
 > set server submit_hosts = rocks.is.cs.cmu.edu
 > set server submit_hosts += rocks-login.local
 > set server submit_hosts += rocks-login
 > set server submit_hosts += rocks-login.is.cs.cmu.edu
 > set server next_job_number = 748586

Thanks much.

--

Ed Walter