[torqueusers] torque server mail_domain being ignored

Edward Walter ewalter at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Mar 12 11:42:35 MDT 2014

Hello,

We have a torque installation (torque 2.4.11) with multiple submit
hosts.  On this particular installation; we've explicitly specified the
mail_domain variable in the server settings.  Despite this; torque is
attempting to send mail to <user>@<submit host>.

Is there some other parameter we need to adjust for this to work
properly?  The mail_domain variable seems to do the right thing on other
clusters with this torque version and only a single submit host.

Here are our server attributes (from qmgr -c "p s"):

> #
> # Set server attributes.
> #
> set server scheduling = True
> set server acl_host_enable = False
> set server acl_hosts = rocks.is.cs.cmu.edu
> set server managers = maui at rocks.is.cs.cmu.edu
> set server managers += root at rocks.is.cs.cmu.edu
> set server default_queue = normal
> set server log_events = 511
> set server mail_from = adm
> set server query_other_jobs = True
> set server scheduler_iteration = 600
> set server node_check_rate = 150
> set server tcp_timeout = 12
> set server job_nanny = True
> set server mom_job_sync = True
> set server mail_domain = cs.cmu.edu
> set server submit_hosts = rocks.is.cs.cmu.edu
> set server submit_hosts += rocks-login.local
> set server submit_hosts += rocks-login
> set server submit_hosts += rocks-login.is.cs.cmu.edu
> set server next_job_number = 748586

Thanks much.

--

Ed Walter