[torqueusers] Specific Users Access

Dimitrakakis Georgios giwrgis at chemistry.uoc.gr
Fri Mar 7 17:35:54 MST 2014

> On 03/07/2014 03:48 PM, Dimitrakakis Georgios wrote:

>>> Is the group listed in /etc/group on the nodes with the same GID?
>>>
>>> Also, is it mounted via NFSv4 or NFSv3 (or something else)?  Try NFSv3
>>> if it's not already mounted with that.
>>>
>>> Michael
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael Jennings<mej at lbl.gov>
>>> Senior HPC Systems Engineer
>>> High-Performance Computing Services
>>> Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
>>> Bldg 50B-3209E        W: 510-495-2687
>>> MS 050B-3209          F: 510-486-8615
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> Yes the group is listed with the same GID on all nodes!
>>
>> The odd thing is that only 2nodes of the entire cluster are having this
>> problem. My guess is that is NFS related but all nodes have the same
>> configuration... I 've putted the odd nodes offline to examine the
>> problem
>> further.
>>
>> G.
>>

> Hi Georgios
>
> If you're using NFSv4, check if these two nodes have rpcidmapd running.
> [NFS v4 authentication is a pain.]
>
> Your NFS server /var/log/messages may show some clue about why it
> switches from the group you want to "nobody", when the directories
> are accessed from those two nodes.
>
> I hope this helps,
> Gus Correa
>
> --

Hi Gus,

rpc.idmapd was running and I couldn't find anything useful in the logs..

Since one node wasn't occupied at all I gave it a shot by rebooting it and
everything appears back to normal! I 'll do that with the second node and
hopefully it will be resolved there as well.

Regards,

G.

believed to be clean.