[torqueusers] Specific Users Access

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri Mar 7 15:55:54 MST 2014

On 03/07/2014 03:48 PM, Dimitrakakis Georgios wrote:

>> On Friday, 07 March 2014, at 17:56:34 (+0200),
>> Dimitrakakis Georgios wrote:
>>
>>> Thx for the feedback! Apparently the problem has nothing to do with
>>> Torque.
>>>
>>> For some reason on the first node the
>>>
>>> /usr/soft/application
>>>
>>> belongs to root:group
>>>
>>> but on the rest it becomes root:nobody
>>>
>>> For some reason other nodes cannot get the proper permissions...
>>
>> Is the group listed in /etc/group on the nodes with the same GID?
>>
>> Also, is it mounted via NFSv4 or NFSv3 (or something else)?  Try NFSv3
>> if it's not already mounted with that.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> --
>> Michael Jennings<mej at lbl.gov>
>> Senior HPC Systems Engineer
>> High-Performance Computing Services
>> Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
>> Bldg 50B-3209E        W: 510-495-2687
>> MS 050B-3209          F: 510-486-8615
>>
>> --
>
> Yes the group is listed with the same GID on all nodes!
>
> The odd thing is that only 2nodes of the entire cluster are having this
> problem. My guess is that is NFS related but all nodes have the same
> configuration... I 've putted the odd nodes offline to examine the problem
> further.
>
> G.

Hi Georgios

If you're using NFSv4, check if these two nodes have rpcidmapd running.
[NFS v4 authentication is a pain.]

Your NFS server /var/log/messages may show some clue about why it
switches from the group you want to "nobody", when the directories
are accessed from those two nodes.

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa