[torqueusers] Specific Users Access

Dimitrakakis Georgios giwrgis at chemistry.uoc.gr
Fri Mar 7 13:48:02 MST 2014

> On Friday, 07 March 2014, at 17:56:34 (+0200),
> Dimitrakakis Georgios wrote:
>
>> Thx for the feedback! Apparently the problem has nothing to do with
>> Torque.
>>
>> For some reason on the first node the
>>
>> /usr/soft/application
>>
>> belongs to root:group
>>
>> but on the rest it becomes root:nobody
>>
>> For some reason other nodes cannot get the proper permissions...
>
> Is the group listed in /etc/group on the nodes with the same GID?
>
> Also, is it mounted via NFSv4 or NFSv3 (or something else)?  Try NFSv3
> if it's not already mounted with that.
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>
> Senior HPC Systems Engineer
> High-Performance Computing Services
> Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
> Bldg 50B-3209E        W: 510-495-2687
> MS 050B-3209          F: 510-486-8615
>
> --

Yes the group is listed with the same GID on all nodes!

The odd thing is that only 2nodes of the entire cluster are having this
problem. My guess is that is NFS related but all nodes have the same
configuration... I 've putted the odd nodes offline to examine the problem
further.

G.

believed to be clean.