[torqueusers] Specific Users Access

Michael Arndt m.arndt at science-computing.de
Fri Mar 7 07:33:30 MST 2014

Maybe you need a newgrp "applicationgroupname" in your generated application job script as one of your first commands

you simply can recheck by a simple submit script

to give an idea

module load "yourappmodule"

newgrp "myapplicationgroup"

ls /usr/soft/myapplication/bin/myexecuteable

which myexecuteable

those commands should show you:

env -> is your path after loading your module really what you think it should be ?

is it simply a problem, because you use a secondary group for access and

what tells env which user you actually are

-can you access the app folder after a newsgroup and is your path ok

By your mail address i would assume that one of your apps is gaussian

If you google for torque and gaussian / g03 you will detect g03 just runs fine with torque

and setting access rights to "group" for g03 works with torque

best wishes