[torqueusers] Specific Users Access

Dimitrakakis Georgios giwrgis at chemistry.uoc.gr
Fri Mar 7 07:23:00 MST 2014

Hi all!

In our cluster software is installed in /usr/soft/XXX

where "XXX" is the folder's name with the corresponding software. People
are using the "module load XXX" command in their scripts to load
environment variables for each software that they would like to use.

If I want to give access to a specific user/group for selected software
and restrict all others what do I have to do in order for that to work
with Torque?  I 've found out that by changing the ownership of the folder
to the specific group and granting rx permissions only to that group while
restricting everything else is not working. My guess is that Torque is not
running the script commands as the user but rather as somebody else. Is
that the case? Any suggestions?

Best,

G.

believed to be clean.