[torqueusers] view resource availability by properties

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 5 09:45:03 MST 2014

On Wednesday, 05 March 2014, at 16:29:03 (+0000),
Edsall, William (WJ) wrote:

>  Is it possible to query maui for Current Active/Total Procs filtered by node properties?

I think you mean "TORQUE" since this is the TORQUE list.  :-)

> For example we have a subset of nodes which have infiniband and
> these nodes have the infini property. We would like to be able to
> determine the amount of free (available and or preemptable) CPUs at
> any given time with this property.

pbsnodes :infini

If you want the free proc count, try something like this:

pbsnodes :infini | perl -ni -e 'if (/^(\S+)$/) {$h=$1;} elsif (/^\s+np = (\d+)$/) {$np=$1;} elsif (/^\s+jobs = (.*)$/) {@j = split(", ", $1); printf("$h:  %d\n", $np - scalar(@j));}'

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>