[torqueusers] Recommended versions for Torque and Moab?

W. Graham McCullough wmccullo at purdue.edu
Wed Feb 26 09:10:36 MST 2014

The most stable version of Torque we've run in the 4.2.* tree at Purdue
University is 4.2.6.1. Before that, the 4.1.5.1 was pretty stable, but has
some scary security issues
(CVE-2013-4495:<http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2013-4495>
users
could submit a job that would grant them root access) that were resolved in
4.2.6. Patches for CVE-2013-4495 exist if someone recommends something
else. 4.2.6 itself crashed on us a few times on different clusters, but
4.2.6.1 has been running almost without incident for the last few weeks on
our gear. I don't have any experience with the old 2.5.* torque, so your
milage may vary.

Good luck!

Graham McCullough
HPC systems Administrator