[torqueusers] Dependency Problems - moab-hpc-basic-suite

Kamran Khan kamran at pssclabs.com
Wed Feb 19 15:01:02 MST 2014

Hi John,

I did install perl-Email-Date through 'yum' before I came to the mailing list for support because it still wasn't working. However, I went ahead and used the manual installation method instead of RPM installation method. I was able to get everything I needed installed.

Thanks for your support. I have a different problem now.

I followed the manual installation guide for installing Moab, and was able to get it successfully installed. I have also installed Torque 4.2.6.1 on the system, and I am now at the test to make sure everything works. However, it does not work. Here is my output:

[user at USDTWCLUS01 ~]$ echo sleep 150 | msub
ERROR: cannot migrate job 'Moab.4' to PBS - qsub: submit error (No default queue specified MSG=requested queue not found)

I have already setup a queue in Torque. Please see below:

[user at USDTWCLUS01 ~]$ qmgr -c 'p s'
#
#
#
# Create and define queue default
#
create queue default
set queue default queue_type = Execution
set queue default resources_default.walltime = 01:00:00
set queue default enabled = True
set queue default started = True
#
# Set server attributes.
#
set server scheduling = True
set server acl_hosts = USDTWCLUS01.quest-dtw.com
set server acl_hosts += clusterhn.cluster.com
set server log_events = 511
set server mail_from = adm
set server scheduler_iteration = 600
set server node_check_rate = 150
set server tcp_timeout = 300
set server job_stat_rate = 45
set server poll_jobs = True
set server mom_job_sync = True
set server next_job_number = 45
set server moab_array_compatible = True
set server nppcu = 1

Do I need to reference the queue in the moab.cfg file? If so, please let me know where.

Any help is appreciated. I cannot find this error anywhere on Google, so I'm a bit lost.

Thanks.
--
Kamran Khan
PSSC Labs