[torqueusers] Help compiling torque 4.2.6.1

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Feb 12 13:40:39 MST 2014

Chat,

TORQUE on OS X has historically been a community maintained feature. We
don't have Mac hardware and therefore don't regression test this.

Unfortunately, this is probably a little bit of work to resolve on your
system. The way to resolve it would be to grab some of the definitions from
src/resmom/linux and port them to src/resmom/darwin? or whichever is used
to compile on Mac hardware. The other option might be to convince TORQUE to
build as though its linux on the Mac. I don't know which of these is better
so hopefully a Mac user in the community can chime in.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 1:47 AM, ChatPristi <cchristo_0899 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to compile 4.2.6.1 under OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 (for
> development purpose). After many attempts with clang or gcc and patches of
> several files, the compilation failed with many errors. The last error I
> cannot get rid off is:
>
> prolog.c:297:3: error: unknown type name 'proc_stat_t'
>   proc_stat_t    *pProcStat;
>
> I commented out the line /*extern proc_stat_t *get_proc_stat(int pid);*/
>  in mom_func.h to avoid another compilation error.
> Get_proc_stat function is defined only in src/resmom/cygwin/mom_mach.c and
> src/resmom/linux/mom_mach.c
>
> Does someone was able to compile 4.2.6.1 on Mavericks ?
>
> Thank you for any help.

David Beer | Senior Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing