[torqueusers] Regression Test Update

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Sep 30 11:17:52 MDT 2013

All,

To summarize, we have had various requests to provide the regression suite
that we run against TORQUE to the community. I promised an update on the
progress of this initiative and I'm overdue on providing it.

Currently, the way our regression tests run is that they start from a
completely blank configuration each time and are not very configurable.
Additionally, there are a lot of perl libraries that have to be installed
to run the suite, and it can take a fair amount of time to get everything
running smoothly. Given that the tests aren't currently customizable and
take a bit of work to set up, our QA wants to do some work to make them
more usable before passing them out.

Basically, there is a bit more work than we initially thought in getting
these tests available to everyone, but we haven't forgotten it. This is
still something that we're trying to get done and pushing for internally,
but we aren't going to be able to deliver it as early as we'd originally
hoped. I just wanted to provide an update and let people know that we
haven't forgotten.

--
David Beer | Senior Software Engineer
Adaptive Computing