[torqueusers] Does any one have a Qsub filter/wrapper that they would share

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Mon Sep 30 09:29:37 MDT 2013

Generally, we set defaults for everything and let users know what they are.
Eg:
Default queue = route
Default walltime = 01:00:00
Default pmem = 1gb
Default nodes = 1
Default ppn = 1
Etc.. etc..

So any PBS parameter they do not specify gets those defaults.

If you are looking for more or perhaps more robust logic, it should be simple enough to create a shell script, named qsub and put in the path before the standard path.
Or create an alias for qsub which points to your script.

Then it would be standard bash (or other shell) commands to parse the arguments and check for whatever you need.

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California