[torqueusers] Torque 4 with OSC mpiexec problem (still?)

Stephen Cousins steve.cousins at maine.edu
Tue Sep 24 11:48:28 MDT 2013

I found this message from March:

http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2013-March/015807.html

about problems with Torque 4 and OSC mpiexec. Also another one from 2012
indicating a Torque bug:

http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2012-July/014884.html

I am running Torque 4.2.4.1 after upgrading due to the recent Torque
security problem. Now I see that our MVAPICH2 jobs that use the OSC mpiexec
program don't always start well and they never stop correctly. The program
stops but the job stays queued until qdel'd or walltime runs out.

I have started a case with Adaptive Computing but have yet to hear anything
so I wondered if anyone on this list has insight and/or a fix for this.

Thanks,

Steve