[torqueusers] security advisory

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Sep 19 08:55:02 MDT 2013

There was another site that was going to try the patch with 2.3.x. I do not
know the results yet. But it does look like it should work.

Regards

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 5:03 AM, Ole Holm Nielsen <
Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk> wrote:

> Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com wrote:
> > *Remedy: *All TORQUE users should patch their systems using the following
> > instructions:
> >

> > For 2.5.x versions of TORQUE:
> >
> > ----------------------------
> >
> > 1. Download the patch file:
> >
> >      $ wget
> > http://www.adaptivecomputing.com/torquepatch/fix_mom_priv_2.5.patch
>
> Question: Will this patch work correctly with Torque 2.3.x?  Has anyone
> tried and tested this?
>
> The code in src/server/process_request.c seems identical at the lines in
> the above patch in the 2.3.7 and 2.5.12 versions, so there may be hope :-)
>
> We're forced to use the old Torque 2.3.7 because we use the Maui
> scheduler (not Moab), see this thread about Torque/Maui problems:
> http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2012-November/015236.html
>
> --
> Ole Holm Nielsen
> Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark

Ken Nielson
+1 801.717.3700 office +1 801.717.3738 fax
1712 S. East Bay Blvd, Suite 300  Provo, UT  84606
www.adaptivecomputing.com