[torqueusers] Slot limit unmatched

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Sep 18 10:41:58 MDT 2013

Brian,

That is a problem. I wonder if you restart pbs_server if the slot limit
problem clears up. If so it sounds like we have a counting problem in
TORQUE.

Regards

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Andrus, Brian Contractor
<bdandrus at nps.edu>wrote:

> All,
>
> I am running torque 4.2.5
> I have a user who submitted an array job of ~2500 jobs
> I have 'set server max_slot_limit = 512'
>
> But...
> There are only 8 of his jobs running, the others are blocked because they
> sat so long.
> Yet if I try to qrun one of them, I get:
>         qrun: Invalid request MSG=Cannot run job. Array slot limit is 512
> and there are already 512 jobs running
>
> Why does torque think there are 512 slots currently in use when there are
> only 8?
>

> Brian Andrus
> ITACS/Research Computing
> Naval Postgraduate School
> Monterey, California
> voice: 831-656-6238

Ken Nielson
+1 801.717.3700 office +1 801.717.3738 fax
1712 S. East Bay Blvd, Suite 300  Provo, UT  84606
www.adaptivecomputing.com