[torqueusers] setting an upper value for available memory on a node

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Wed Sep 18 09:20:45 MDT 2013

If you are using Maui (which I assume you are since you sent your request to that list as well), you should look at NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY.
If you set that to PRIORITY and then use AMEM to set the priority of nodes, jobs go to the node with the most available memory first.

Here is an example from the manual:

Example 1: Favor the fastest nodes with the most available memory which are running the fewest jobs

NODEALLOCATIONPOLICY PRIORITY
NODECFG[DEFAULT] PRIORITYF='SPEED+ .01 * AMEM - 10 * JOBCOUNT'

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California