[torqueusers] Email notification to user after completion of job submitted via qsub

Burkhard Bunk bunk at physik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 13 05:11:06 MDT 2013

Hi,

you specify the full email address with -M:

 	-M <user>@<domain>

and maybe (at least for the tests)

 	-m bea

which produces mails for "begin", "end", and "abort" cases.

If it doesn't work:
(1) Check that mail is configured correctly on the frontend machine
     and can be delivered (firewall!?):
     Send an email by hand, with
         mail <user>@<domain>
     on the frontend.
(2) If it works in (1), but not from a job:
     Check the server log (in /var/spool/torque/server_log or so),
     it may contain an error message w.r.t. email notification.
     Maybe "sendmail" wasn't found, because it was searched in the
     wrong place. There is a configure option when compiling torque.

Regards,
Burkhard Bunk.
  bunk at physik.hu-berlin.de      Physics Institute, Humboldt University
  fax:    ++49-30 2093 7628     Newtonstr. 15
  phone:  ++49-30 2093 7980     12489 Berlin, Germany