[torqueusers] Email notification to user after completion of job submitted via qsub

Amjad Syed amjadcsu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 04:51:28 MDT 2013

Hello,

I am new to torque. We are using torque 2.5  on our small 60 node cluster.
The Pbs-server is running on frontend node (which is connected to oustide
world via proxy) and the compute node are on internal network.

The question i have is how the  #  PBS -M directive works?

When the job is completed on a compute node , does it send the email to the
user or the message is transmitted to pbs_server and server sends the email
back to user.?

IS there any documentation on how the #PBS -M directive works ?

Thanks