[torqueusers] ComputeNodes' /var/log/messages flooded with "unknown command 5"

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Thu Sep 5 17:11:19 MDT 2013

On Thursday, 05 September 2013, at 17:09:03 (-0600),
David Beer wrote:

> No worries, I was just curious to make sure the rest of it was typed
> correctly.
>
> I don't know of anything that runs momctl - that is usually a user command
> that has to be run by root. I'm really at a loss for what might cause it to
> get run and even more for why it'd be getting run with the wrong command.

I recommend running a tcpdump (or similar packet capture) and looking
at the raw packets in Wireshark (or similar tool) to see the source of
the commands and what the actual TCP stream looks like.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>
Senior HPC Systems Engineer