[torqueusers] Newbie question

Michael Arndt m.arndt at science-computing.de
Wed Sep 4 08:37:33 MDT 2013

Peer

I think LSF and torque use different Ports by default, but of cause you can configure both and keep Ports apart via /etc/services or equvalent map in directory services

The only impact that you have else is that resources like memory cpu or load are measured and evaluated by both schedulers for decision

As long as torque does not run to many jobs both batch systems will not have to  much cross disturbance
Still the cleanest thing to do would be to close some  exec hosts / nodes in LSF for testing purposes and leave them to torque as exec hosts
Else both might shedule jobs simultaneously to the same free nodes

Micha

Am 04.09.2013 um 16:25 schrieb ad"Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch" <pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de>:

> Hi,
>
> we are currently using LSF (Platform) for our cluster,
> but we are thinking about a replacement with torque.
> Now for testing everything I would like to ask: Has anybody
> installed torque beside LSF on a cluster ? Can I try to do so, or might
> I run into some big problems ? It would be nice to try a few things
> with the real environment.
>
> --
> Bye,
>     Peer