[torqueusers] How to spool stdout/stderr directly to PBS_O_WORKDIR instead of to /var/spool/torque/spool ?

Stephen Cousins steve.cousins at maine.edu
Sat Oct 26 11:38:06 MDT 2013

The only way I know is to explicitly redirect STDOUT and STDERR on the
program command line like:

mpirun my_program &> out.txt

&> will redirect both STDOUT and STDERR.

Good luck,

Steve

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 6:16 AM, Zahid Rashid <Z.Rashid at uu.nl> wrote:

> Dear Torque Users,
>
> I have Torque 4.2.5 installed with default configure options on a system
> running under Debian.
> It works fine but by default keeps the .OU and .ER files in the /var/spool/torque/spool/
> directory, until the job is finished.
>
> How can I change this default behaviour to get the .OU and .ER files in
> the PBS_O_WORKDIR by default, when a job starts running?
>
> Kind regards.
>
> Zahid
> Zahid Rashid
> Theoretical Chemistry Group,
> Utrecht University,
> The Netherlands.

 Steve Cousins             Supercomputer Engineer/Administrator
 Advanced Computing Group            University of Maine System
 244 Neville Hall (UMS Data Center)              (207) 561-3574
 Orono ME 04469                      steve.cousins at maine.edu