[torqueusers] Problem with running jobs requesting multiple nodes

Jack Hill jackhill at unc.edu
Thu Oct 24 20:51:13 MDT 2013

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013, Gus Correa wrote:

> Hello Jack
>
> Have you tried Maui instead of pbs_sched?
>
> See these threads:
> http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2013-October/016264.html
> http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2013-September/016125.html
> http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2013-September/016072.html
>
> IHIH
> Gus Correa

Gus,

Thanks for the pointer. We had seen Maui and were keeping in the back of
our minds in case we needed the implement a more complex policy. We had
been thinking that it would be better to not add complexity when we didn't
need it, but maybe we do :)

To be clear about what is going on here: there is some bug in pbs_sched,
that would be work around by using Maui (i.e. it's not a problem with
pbs_server), but since Maui works an is more capable, it is not worth my
time to figure out what the problem is.

Best,
Jack