[torqueusers] Submit jobs as root using TORQUE 4.x

Spencer Owen sowen at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Oct 14 14:21:07 MDT 2013

Torque 4.x does not allow submitting jobs as root, and it is unlikely that
this will be changed.
A work around is to use the -P option

echo sleep 300 | qsub -P foo

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Shantanu Gadgil
<shantanugadgil at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I still have the same question. :)

> On Thu, 10/25/12, Shantanu Gadgil <shantanugadgil at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>  Subject: Submit jobs as root using TORQUE 4.1.x
>  To: torqueusers at supercluster.org
>  Date: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 6:36 PM
>
>  Hi,
>
>  I know have asked this before and was wondering whether this
>  is possible or actually removed from TORQUE 4.x ?
>
>  Using CentOS 6.x as my server node, I am not able to submit
>  jobs as root.
>
>  The steps available in the docs works with TORQUE v3.
>
>  Has the 'submit job as root' functionality been actually
>  removed from the 4.x series completely?
>
>  The last I knew it was some issue with "the way localhost is
>  resolved by the call getaddrinfo"
>
>  Is there any workaround which I can do on my CentOS 6 server
>  to get this working?
>
>  Regards,
>  Shantanu

*Spencer Owen *| Technical Account Manager - Adaptive Support
Direct Line: 801-341-4663  |  Fax: 801-717-3738
Address: 1712 S. East Bay Blvd. Suite 300  |  Provo, UT 84606