[torqueusers] Submit jobs as root using TORQUE 4.x

Shantanu Gadgil shantanugadgil at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 14 12:41:44 MDT 2013

I still have the same question. :)

On Thu, 10/25/12, Shantanu Gadgil <shantanugadgil at yahoo.com> wrote:

 Subject: Submit jobs as root using TORQUE 4.1.x
 To: torqueusers at supercluster.org
 Date: Thursday, October 25, 2012, 6:36 PM

 Hi,

 I know have asked this before and was wondering whether this
 is possible or actually removed from TORQUE 4.x ?

 Using CentOS 6.x as my server node, I am not able to submit
 jobs as root.

 The steps available in the docs works with TORQUE v3.

 Has the 'submit job as root' functionality been actually
 removed from the 4.x series completely?

 The last I knew it was some issue with "the way localhost is
 resolved by the call getaddrinfo"

 Is there any workaround which I can do on my CentOS 6 server
 to get this working?

 Regards,
 Shantanu