[torqueusers] qdel arguments

Mark Dwyer markus.dwyer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 16:54:32 MDT 2013

Not sure with the specifics of qdel, but I generally use a combination of
qselect and xargs

qselect -u dodgy.user | xargs qdel

Problem is, this deletes jobs in the same order that they're going to
be queued up for execution, so as you delete jobs the scheduler is
doing heaps of work queuing up new ones.  The fix is to reverse the
list before feeding to qdel:

qselect -u dodgy.user | tac | xargs qdel

cheers
md