[torqueusers] Newbie Questions.

Sreedhar Manchu sm4082 at nyu.edu
Fri Oct 4 17:46:08 MDT 2013

Hi Macbeth,

I am not sure I understand your first question.

For the second question, I'm not sure whether it is possible through #PBS directives. If I understand right, job array is just a convenience and makes it possible for us to submit many jobs together. But all these jobs are still treated as different jobs from each other. If this is not the case, then all the jobs in the array would have to run at the same time which makes it impossible in many scenarios.

On the other hand, I'd simply take of #PBS directives that would send emails on abort, begin and end (#PBS -M and #PBS -m) and then add a code in the script to send an email when the PBS_ARRAYID is zero. Something like this would do:

if [ $PBS_ARRAYID -eq 0 ];then
	use sendmail to send an email to your email id here.
fi

May be there is a better solution.

Sreedhar.