[torqueusers] Help-me for submit JOBS in queue

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Oct 3 11:39:16 MDT 2013

Hi Juno

1) Portuguese <-> English
    fila       <-> queue  (people - or jobs - waiting to be served)
    fila       <-> row    (chairs in a movie theater, numbers in a matrix)
You can call "fila" a *row* if it is part of a matrix, for instance.
However, if it is a lineup of people, or of jobs,
waiting to be served, a "fila" is called a *queue*.

2) You didn't enable scheduling in your Torque setup.

On the Torque server, try:

# qmgr -c 'set server scheduling = True'

Which version of Torque are you using?

3) Are you running a scheduler on the Torque server?
If you are, which one: Maui, Moab, pbs-sched?

4) Are you running pbs_mom on the compute nodes?

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa