[torqueusers] checkjob shows RM failure and Invalid Credential

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 2 11:57:47 MDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Charles Johnson
<charles.johnson at accre.vanderbilt.edu> wrote:

> No, that is not it. We regularly sync all 500 nodes, and this user has
> not changed her password.
>
> FWIW: torque version 4.2.4, moab version 7.2.4

That message comes from src/server/svr_chk_owner.c in the
authenticate_user() function:

  if (strncmp(preq->rq_user, pcred->username, PBS_MAXUSER))
    {
    *autherr = strdup("Users do not match");
    sprintf(error_msg, "%s: Requested user %s: credential user %s:
requested from host %s",
                   *autherr, preq->rq_user, pcred->username, preq->rq_host);
    log_event(PBSEVENT_ADMIN, PBS_EVENTCLASS_SERVER, __func__, error_msg);
    return(PBSE_BADCRED);
    }

Check your PBS server log for that string and see what the differences
between the two userids are.  That should help narrow down the
problem.  If it's not there, you may need to bump your loglevel.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>
Senior HPC Systems Engineer