[torqueusers] Requesting by hostname

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Nov 25 11:58:55 MST 2013

Matt,

That is correct. The node specification indicates the number of nodes to
secure for a job or in the case of specifying a name it indicates the node
where the job is to be run. If there are other cores available Moab may
decide to use those for other jobs.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Matt Britt <msbritt at umich.edu> wrote:

> Related to Ken's comment - unless I misunderstood,  asking for a node
> doesn't imply the whole node (-n or naccesspolicy=singlejob), at least w/
> Moab.
>
>  - Matt

> Matthew Britt
> CAEN HPC Group - College of Engineering
> msbritt at umich.edu
>

> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Dr. Judith Gardiner <judithg at osc.edu>wrote:
>
>>  Brian,
>>

>> We use the form:  qsub -I -l nodes=compute-3-3
>>

>> Judy
>>

>> --
>>
>> Judith D. Gardiner, Ph.D.
>>
>> Ohio Supercomputer Center
>>
>> 614-292-9623
>>
>> judithg at osc.edu

Ken Nielson
+1 801.717.3700 office +1 801.717.3738 fax
1712 S. East Bay Blvd, Suite 300  Provo, UT  84606
www.adaptivecomputing.com