[torqueusers] Requesting by hostname

John Valdes valdes at anl.gov
Mon Nov 25 11:38:26 MST 2013

Brian,

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 05:07:51PM +0000, Andrus, Brian Contractor wrote:

> We used to be able to request a node by hostname (eg: qsub -I -l nodes=1:compute-3-3)
>
> Now when this is done, the job sits until an admin gooses it with 'qrun'
[...]
> If I request just by hostname:
>
> $ qsub -I -l compute-3-3
>
> Error allocating memory for add_verify_resources
>
> Has something changed with using hostnames when requesting a resources?

What versions of Torque and Maui are you using?  Requesting by
hostname works for us for various versions of Torque and Maui (torque
2.x and 3.0.x + torque sched and maui 3.x), but we use the syntax:

  qsub -I -l nodes=compute-3-3 ...

where "compute-3-3" would be a node hostname.  That is, we don't
specify a count before the hostname.

John