[torqueusers] torque sendmail child process error: No child process

Fan Du dufandf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 18:35:39 MST 2013

Hi Gus Correa,

On my ubuntu I installed msmtp-mta, so sendmail is in /usr/sbin/sendmail
and is a symbolic link to /usr/bin/msmtp. Did not install the original
sendmail in ubuntu repo because it seems hard to configure it properly.
#pbs -M and -m is  set in the script.

Seemsthat the problem is in Torque to invoke sendmail as
'/usr/sbin/sendmail -f adm XXX at gmail.com', which looks like an invalid
script. I had used Postfix as an MTA and everything goes well. Just want to
know if Torque can work with msmtp and msmtp-mta. If not, I can swtich back
to Postfix.

Thank you all.
Fan