[torqueusers] torque sendmail child process error: No child process

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Nov 21 11:38:18 MST 2013

Hi Fan Du

My recollection is that Torque hardwires the sendmail location at
configure time. The Ubuntu packager seems to have chosen/defaulted to
/usr/sbin/sendmail.

Where is your sendmail installed in Ubuntu? ('which sendmail')

Also, did you set the -M and -m option on the job script?

#PBS -M yourname at gmail.com

My two cents,
Gus Correa