[torqueusers] torque sendmail child process error: No child process

Fan Du dufandf at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 00:45:31 MST 2013

Dear All,

I'm running Torque installed from apt-get on Ubuntu server 12.04. The
torque-server, torque-mom and client are all on the same single machine.
Everything goes well except that the notification email cann't be sent.
While I checked /var/spool/torque/server_logs it says Email 'b' to
xxx at gmail.com  failed: Child process '/usr/sbin/sendmail -f adm
xxx at gmail.com' returned 78 (errno 10: No child process).

However outside Torque I can send emails with `sendmail` successfully on
the command line.
After Googling for hours no light was shone upon me. Anyone could give me
some help?

Best wishes,
Fan