[torqueusers] Jobs outputs appear in a working node

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue Nov 19 09:51:26 MST 2013

On 11/19/2013 10:00 AM, Hatem Elshazly wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I installed torque on a mini-cluster and the job is completed
> successfully but the output and the error file don't appear in the head
> node (the server) though, they appear on a working node! (node2).
>
> can anybody tell me what's wrong here or what am i missing?
>
> Thanks,
> shazly

Hi El Shlazly

This is the default behavior until the job ends.
Then the stderr and stdout files are copied to the
head node, by default by scp.

If the files are not being copied after the job ends,
then you may have a problem with scp being blocked by
a firewall, or wrong ssh keys, or permissions, etc.
Check your head node syslog files.

If you are really sure you need to have the stdout and stderr
written directly to the final destination, add this line to the
$TORQUE/mom_priv/config files on all compute nodes:

$spool_as_final_name true

More about it:

http://docs.adaptivecomputing.com/torque/help.htm#topics/12-appendices/parameters.htm%3FTocPath%3DAppendices|Appendix%20C%3A%20Node%20manager%20%28MOM%29%20configuration|_____1

See these discussion threads for the pros and cons:

http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2013-November/016421.html

http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2013-October/016352.html

My two cents,
Gus Correa