[torqueusers] Multiple mom processes, owned by regular user (Torque 4.2.5, Maui 3.3.1)

Dave Ulrick d-ulrick at comcast.net
Mon Nov 11 09:13:29 MST 2013

On Fri, 8 Nov 2013, Gus Correa wrote:

> Some nodes seem to "develop" or create *multiple pbs_mom processes*
> after they run for a while.
> Those are nodes that are used more heavily
> (higher node numbers).
> See the printout below, specially nodes 30-32.
> The duplicate pbs_mom processes are owned by a regular user, which is
> rather awkward.
> As a result, multi-node jobs that get the affected nodes, fail to run.
> I enclose below a tracejob sample of one of those jobs.

I had a rash of nodes with multiple MOMs awhile back. The problem began
when I'd unwittingly deployed different TORQUE releases on the server node
( and the compute nodes ( The problem seemed to go away
when I deployed the same TORQUE release on all nodes. Now that I'm on
4.2.5 on all nodes I'm no longer seeing this issue.

Dave Ulrick
d-ulrick at comcast.net