[torqueusers] qsub and resource limits problem.

Daniel Lopes de Carvalho dlcarvalho at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 06:01:43 MST 2013

Hello Guys,

Last week I configured a TORQUE's queue with the following characteristics:

create queue longas
set queue longas queue_type = Execution
set queue longas Priority = 10000
set queue longas resources_max.nodes = 1:ppn=12
set queue longas resources_default.nodes = 1:ppn=12
set queue longas max_user_run = 4
set queue longas enabled = True
set queue longas started = True

And after this, the TORQUE is not working properly when I submit a job to
this queue.

If I use the command: 'echo "sleep 300" | qsub-q long-l nodes = 1: ppn = 8'
to submit a job, the following message appears:

qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits MSG = can not satisfy queue max
nodes requirement

However, if I use the same command, but adding a 0 in front of 8, the
submission normally happens: 'echo "sleep 300" | qsub-q long-l nodes = 1:
ppn = 08'

Is there a possibility to fix this and make the TORQUE accepts the first
line ('echo "sleep 300" | qsub-q long-l nodes = 1: ppn = 8')?

Thanks and best regards

Daniel