[torqueusers] Torque for CUDA devices -- does Torque set CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES?

Jan-Philip Gehrcke jgehrcke at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 18 06:41:47 MDT 2013

Hello,

I am planning to use Torque for managing a small cluster of nodes
containing CUDA-capable devices. I have read

http://docs.adaptivecomputing.com/torque/4-0-2/Content/topics/3-nodes/NVIDIAGPGPUs.htm

and

http://docs.adaptivecomputing.com/torque/4-0-2/Content/topics/3-nodes/schedulingGPUs.htm

However, I am still wondering how Torque makes sure that the job runs on
the CUDA device that it should run on. In other words: does Torque set
the CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES environment variable before executing the
actual job program? If it does not, what is the best way for the job
program to retrieve the GPU ID assigned by Torque?

Thanks,

Jan-Philip Gehrcke