[torqueusers] Two configs for Warewulf NHC 1.2.2 ?

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 27 22:08:07 MDT 2013

On Wednesday, 27 March 2013, at 08:48:28 (-0700),
Grigory Shamov wrote:

> Thanks for the answer! I looked into the sources and took a
> different route instead of adding new logic.
>
> Since all the configs are/can be made to depend on $NAME, I've
> created a symlink to nhc with a different name, nhc-cron, and
> populated the /etc/sysconfig/nhc-cron with the values for config
> paths, logs etc. -- it worked.  BASH is a really powerful thing!

That works too!  I originally implemented it that way for packaging
purposes -- so that someone could, say, make RPMs for multiple
versions to install side-by-side simply by renaming the files, and
everything would just work.  Great that you came up with a use for the
feature I'd never even thought of!  :-)

Glad you got something figured out.  Let me know if you have any
additional questions.  :-)

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>