[torqueusers] Two configs for Warewulf NHC 1.2.2 ?

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Tue Mar 26 13:37:43 MDT 2013

On Tuesday, 26 March 2013, at 12:17:05 (-0700),
Eva Hocks wrote:

> personally I like the Options-style command-line configuration since
> it's conform with many other daemon configurtations (like torque
> pbs_server -d /var/spool/torque)
>
> The trend seems to be going to "--conf-file="  instead of the "-c" for
> example, to extend the letters and numbers for options.

I'd like to stick to bash built-in facilities for the options parsing
rather than trying to implement my own options parser (or reuse
someone else's), especially an external one.  So I'd want to use bash
"getopts" which only supports traditional short options.

What would you think of a solution that had the most common stuff
(config file, etc.) as options but still supported VAR=value syntax?
Or would that not work well for you?

Thanks for the feedback!
Michael

--