[torqueusers] How to limit threads per job

Rob Holmes Rob.Holmes at bmtwbm.com.au
Sun Mar 10 17:33:02 MDT 2013

Are these OpenMP jobs?  If so, you need to set the OMP_NUM_THREADS environment variable to match PBS_NUM_PPN.  I set the default OMP_NUM_THREADS to 1 and ask users to include the following line in their submission scripts:
export OMP_NUM_THREADS=$PBS_NUM_PPN

I'm sure you could use a prologue script for a more elegant solution but we don't have many users so this works fine.

Rob Holmes
Environmental Scientist - Catchments & Receiving Environments
BMT WBM Pty Ltd

Tel:  +61 7 3831 6744

Website:  www.bmtwbm.com.au

http://www.linkedin.com/company/bmt-wbm | https://twitter.com/bmtwbm | http://www.facebook.com/bmtwbm | http://www.youtube.com/bmtwbm

BMT WBM Pty Ltd, Level 8, 200 Creek Street, Brisbane QLD 4000 Australia

E-mail confidentiality notice and disclaimer:
The contents of this e-mail are intended for the use of the mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, you are not allowed to read, action, copy, forward, distribute or disclose the contents and you should delete it from your system. BMT WBM accepts no liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this e-mail, nor does it accept liability for statements which are those of the author and clearly not made on behalf of the company.

Commercial Terms and Conditions: Unless otherwise agreed by BMT WBM in writing, all services or products supplied by BMT WBM shall be subject to and governed by BMT WBM's standard terms and conditions, which are available upon request.