[torqueusers] qorder command

Michel Béland michel.beland at calculquebec.ca
Tue Jun 25 09:44:23 MDT 2013

David wrote,

> I would like to remove the qorder command from TORQUE for its next
> major release (either 4.3 or 5.0, nothing that is coming soon). Are
> there any problems with doing this? qorder is something for changing
> the order of jobs in queues, which as far as I know is irrelevant
> functionality. Is there something I'm missing or a reason that this
> cannot be removed from future versions of TORQUE?

Why would you want to do that? It is not like it is getting in the way
for new development... As Glen Beane said, it is useful for FIFO
schedulers. Even if you use Maui or Moab, there are circumstances where
you have several jobs that might have equal priority according to local
policy and reordering them might be useful, as long as the scheduler
respects this order. If it does not, I think that it is a problem with
the scheduler.

Michel Béland
Calcul Québec
Calcul Canada